Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Vote Individualism! (If that's okay with you...)

I want the low riding designer jeans, the tee shirt that stretches to my knees, the gold chain studded with cubic zirconium, and sunglasses that protect 50% of my face.

I want the barber shop Mohawk, the second skin Levi’s, the patented leather pyramid studded belt worn backwards, and the ability to shove PVC pipe through my earlobes.
I want to be covered from head-to-toe with meaningless, but colorful tattoos, and numerous piercings, and sport band shirts that I just bought online, but are luckily made to look old.

I want to grow my hair out and let it hang over my face, and when I can’t see, move it aside just enough so I can see until I move my head another inch and it falls back into my eyes. And I want to wear the tee shirts of bands that were around when I wasn’t even a sperm in a sack, because that is classic cool.

I want to get a truck and hang large plastic testes from the trailer hitch, and put stickers on the back that say, “Cowboy up!” and “Heritage Not Hate” with numerous confederate flags, and blare country music with tremendous amounts of ear piercing treble.

I want to try extra hard to make sure people know I am genuinely cool because I dress myself like I belong in a music video, and I want everyone to know that I really do live my own life and it isn’t dictated by what’s on the radio or in my iPod.

And when I go everywhere, I want to be sure I have enough “friends” on my phone so I can always talk about nothing, but still make it seem like it’s something. I want my life to be dramatic and full of strife because it will make me feel like I’m worth something, and my friends will always be there to help, even though they suck and talk about me behind my back.

I want to make sure it’s known that this country is only second to Puerto Rico, and wear as much Puerto Rico regalia as possible. I want to stick the Puerto Rican flag all over my car, in my yard, on my trike, and make sure it is all next to the word, Boricua! And I want to play monotonous rhythms that thump and plink, and wiggle my hips back and forth for every song like the cultural dancing breakthrough that it is.

I just want to be me, and obviously, so does everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment